Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Day 215, August 3

I started "The Gratitude Project" in an effort to remind myself (and maybe others) that no matter what life throws at us, that we all have much for which to be grateful. Despite that lofty goal, I still find myself complaining, whining, and moaning, all unattractive qualities.
Why can't I get my mind off what is wrong in my life and concentrate on what is right? When I am going to get it right? Sometimes I think, "Never." And sometimes I catch a glimmer of what I could be if I allowed the Lord into my life on a daily basis.
Too frequently, I deny Him entrance. No, I don't say aloud, "Lord, I don't want thee in my life today." But I do keep Him from letting His spirit guide me when I am selfish, when I am cruel, when I am thoughtless with the tender feelings of others.
The solution, of course, is not to be that way. It is so simple. And so hard to do. That seems a dichotomy, doesn't it? A contradiction. Part of me works to be a better person and another part works just as hard to prevent that from happening. I know I have a greater chance of being what I want to be, being what the Lord wants to be, when I let the Spirit in.
So, for today, I am grateful for those times when the Spirit finds its way into my life.

1 comment: