Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Day 222, August 10

Yesterday, I started the blog by writing of a man who spoke plainly and directly. I realize I did not give this subject due attention.
Plain speaking is a commodity in short supply today. The media bombards us with sound bytes of politicians, movie stars, and other celebrities, each of whom seems to have a preponderance of fancy words delivered in a fancy manner.
These words rarely, if ever, touch me. More often than not, they are written by someone else and are given with supposedly heartfelt emotion. That is probably why they so often fall flat. Words written by someone else and presented with psuedo-feeling will fail to touch souls. Conversely, words written from the heart and delivered with heart reach in and squeeze my heart every time.
So, for today, I am grateful for plain speaking.

1 comment: