Saturday, August 13, 2011

Day 225, August 13

In typing this, I cognized that I have been blogging for 225 days. (Well, 226 if you count New Year's Eve where I began with a preface.) Who would have figured that I could have kept this up for 225 (or 226) days?
As I've confided in earlier posts, I wasn't at all sure I could or would continue. Yet here I am, still writing about the things that go on in my life, still trying to find the wisdom and the energy to continue looking for things for which to be grateful.
Do you know what? It isn't easy. I am surrounded by blessings, but it isn't always easy identifying them or writing about them.
In talking with my niece, I told her that the right things in life are usually not the easy ones. They take time. They take effort. They take discipline and commitment and persistence and all those other virtues that slip through my fingers like water.
Rarely do I possess those virtues. I take the easy way out and let things slide. I let exercising slide. I let my writing slide. I let volunteering write. Sometimes, it seems like I'm just one big slippery slope.
So, for today, I am grateful for the times when I don't let things slide.

1 comment:

  1. 226. Give yourself credit for making the commitment and getting started!

    Also, give yourself more credit for persevering through technical challenges, backhoes, writer's block, and life in general.

    I'm grateful that you have!

    ReplyDelete