Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Day 229, August 17

I feel my Savior's love
In all the world around me.
His spirit warms my soul
Through everything I see.
I feel my Savior's love;
Its gentlesness enfolds me,
And when I kneel to pray
My heart is filled with peace.
I feel my Savior's love
And know that he will bless me.
I offer him my heart;
My shepherd he will be.
There I go again, quoting lyrics from a Primary song. I apologize. I can't seem to help myself. Primary songs, and this one in particular, speak to my soul. Could it be that those who write music for children are in extra close touch with the Lord? I think so.
I, too, feel my Savior's love. I feel it when the sun shines upon my face like a benediction. I feel it when I hold a baby in my arms. I feel it when a grandchild puts his arms around me and whispers, "I love you, Grandma."
Yes, I feel my Savior's love. In everything.
So, for today, I am grateful for my Savior's love

3 comments:

  1. Such a timely reminder for me today to do the things that help me feel my Savior's love. Wednesdays are hectic for me, but I can still have peace inside if I remember to feel my Savior's love. Thank you, Jane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my favorite primary songs. I do think that good music is inspired and especially the Primary songs. It is amazing to me that so many more songs have been composed in the last several years. I do feel my Savior's love.
    Blessings to you and keep on enjoying the moments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too love this song. I listen to primary songs on my way to and from work, they prepare me to face a day of craziness. I am grateful I feel my Saviors love each and every day.

    ReplyDelete