Thursday, August 25, 2011

Day 237, August 25

Friends and family know that I am a big believer in the power of prayer. With that in mind, they frequently send me requests to include someone in my prayers. I am thrilled to do that. I include the person's full name and the specific request (if I know it.)
When my prayer list grows to epic proportions, I stop and marvel that the Father can handle not only my prayers but those of everyone else as well. How infinite He is. How merciful He is. How loving He is.
For the most part, I take this for granted. Only when I stop and consciously think about it do I cognize the awesome gift we have been given, to know that we can turn at any time to our Father and pour out our hearts to Him, asking for blessings for ourselves, our families, our friends and always, (well almost always) thanking Him for His daily blessings.
I pray in plain and simple words. Sometimes I yearn for the eloquence of the prophets, ancient and modern, to express my feelings. But I have none of their power of language, so I use what I do have: heartfelt pleadings and sincere gratitude.
So, for today, I am grateful for the gift of prayer.

2 comments:

  1. I think sincere prayer is the true power of language.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is truly marvelous that the Lord can hear all of our prayers.

    ReplyDelete