Friday, August 12, 2011

Day 224, August 12

Life marches by, and, sometimes, I find myself wanting to call a halt and say, "Wait for me."
Technological advances, in everything from phones to refrigerators, computers to cars, frequently leave me feeling left behind. My eight-year-old grandson routinely uses power-point in school presentations. His eleven-year-old sister helps me find glitches on my computer.
Neither of my grandmothers ever learned to drive a car. At the time, I didn't understand why. Now, I do. Cars intimidated them. Just as today's technology intimidates. I have an i-phone. After eight months, it still surprises me, doing things I didn't know it could do. Why haven't I learned how to use all those apps?
I realize I am still a child in all things technological. It occurred to me that I am also a child in all things eternal. I picture the Father, looking down from heaven, shaking His head, wondering, "Why hasn't Jane figured things out yet? Why is she still struggling to get things right?"
Fortunately, for me, and for all of us, He possesses infinite patience. He knows that I am trying ... sometimes. He knows that I want Him on my side. More, He has given me a way to talk with Him through prayer.
So, for today, I am grateful for technology that makes life easier. I am always grateful for the Father Who makes life eternal.

1 comment: