Friday, December 2, 2011

Day 336, December 2

You can hardly turn on the television or surf the internet without seeing ads for teeth-whitening toothpastes. Miracles are promised. You will look prettier, younger, more vibrant, and just generally all-around gorgeous if your teeth are whiter.
As Martha Stewart would say, "It's a good thing."
With all the things that make our physical selves prettier, younger, more vibrant, and all-around gorgeous, we are sometimes in danger of losing sight of more important things. Things like keeping promises. Things like being honest. Things like being honoring one's word.
So, why am I writing about such things when I should be writing about Christmas? I guess because I'm old-fashioned enough to believe that giving one's word should be a bond. Have you had someone break a promise to you? I have. It hurts, doesn't it? It hurts down deep.
So, for today, I am grateful for individuals who keep their promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment