Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Day 362, December 28

I was fortunate enough to spend Christmas with much of my family, including my 12-year-old granddaughter, Reynna.
I've written about Reynna before. She is my delight, my joy, my treasure. I've already admitted that I'm shameless in bragging about my grandchildren, a fact that my husband, my children, and now even Reynna remind me of constantly. What can I say? I'm a grandma. That says it all.
Reynna gave me a very special present. She wrote a poem for me. I'd like to share it with you now:
MY DEAR GRANDMOTHER
Grandmother, grandmother, comfort me
Grandmother, grandmother, in times of need.
Grandmother, grandmother, love me so
Grandmother, grandmother, don't let me go.
Grandmother, grandmother, though I'm getting old
Grandmother, grandmother, I will always be yours--
Just like you've been told.
When I read this, tears pricked my eyes. What grandmother could ask for more? I received other beautiful gifts, other thoughtful gifts, other lovely gifts, but none meant or will mean more to me than these words.
So, for today, I am grateful for my sweet Reynna.

2 comments: