Friday, December 30, 2011

Day 364, December 30

It is the day before New Year's Eve.
It is a time for reflection. It is a time for congratulations. (After all, we made it through another year, didn't we?) It is a time for goal-making. Notice I didn't say resolution-making. The word resolution tends to give me hives.
You're probably already thinking of goals for the new year. What are they? To exercise more? To spend more time with your family? To de-clutter your house?
All worthy goals. I've found that, at least for myself, goals tend to fall by the wayside ... unless I'm setting a goal for the right reason. Setting a goal to please someone else probably won't work. Setting a goal because I believe in it is far more likely to succeed. That was the case with The Gratitude Project. I set it because I believed in it, because I needed it, because it had divine approbation.
So, for today, I am grateful for worthy goals set for the right reason.

3 comments:

  1. I'm grateful you've followed through!

    Your comment about "resolution" giving you the hives reminds me of poor Lehonti who was "fixed in his mind with a determined resolution" only to fall prey to Amalekiah. Maybe the poison gave him the hives, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made it friend. An entire year of blogging. I'm inspired and impressed. I hope this comment can be posted

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh.My.HECK. It posted. So much more I want to say. This blog has kept me going. It has inspired my daughter in ways you cannot know. My mother reads it and my friend Valerie reads it. I even told my Sister-in-law about it, she said she didn't know it was Carla's sister, she would keep reading. You are wonderful and your gratitude inspires feelings of greatfulness in my heart too. Thanks for sharing your soul.

    ReplyDelete