Monday, December 12, 2011

Day 346, December 12

I love nativity sets and all the figurines. I love arranging the sheep and the cattle around the baby Jesus. Recently I heard a song with the words "... sheep who have gone astray, who have lost their way ..."
The Savior was always concerned with lost sheep. I admit that I have not been very concerned about lost sheep. Maybe because I'm too busy trying not to get lost myself.
Then it came to me that maybe, just maybe, I wouldn't feel so lost sometimes if I spent more time tending the Father's other sheep, lost or not. Would I feel more "found" if I worked to tend other sheep, whether they be my grandchildren, my friends, the woman I see on the street who is pushing a shopping cart? I don't know. But I think it's worth a try.
So, for today, I am grateful for sheep, both found and lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment