Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Day 361, December 27

A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds.
- Francis Bacon

I love this quote. I love the pro-active sentiment of it. I love the wisdom in it. How many times have I bemoaned lost opportunities, lost moments? Too many. I look at what I could have done, should have done, might have done if I had seized an opportunity, seized a moment, to make a difference.

Can you think of any times when you lost an opportunity? Chances are the answer is yes. If so, take heart. You can still make a difference. If not, congratulations. You are that rarity, someone who never lets an opportunity pass by.

I had a chance to make a difference in someone's life a week ago. Because I was involved in my own pity-party of one, I missed it. The sad thing is, I will never get that moment back. The good thing: I can do better the next time. If I choose to.

So, for today, I am grateful for opportunities that we make.

No comments:

Post a Comment