Saturday, August 4, 2012

Day 214, August 4

A few days ago, I resolved that yesterday would be my final blog.  I had run out of things to say and the heart to say them.  In addition, I was feeling sorry for myself that my blog reaches so few people, attracts so little interest.

And then something happens.  Someone gives me a bit of encouragement.  Someone thanks me for saying what they needed to hear that day, and I start to think that maybe, just maybe, I can write one more blog, that I can continue for just one more day.  And isn't that all there is, for any of us, in any endeavor, to do it just one more day ... and then one more day after that.

Yesterday I talked about persons enduring chemotherapy, holding on for one more day.  Unfortunately, I know too many people who have suffered through chemotherapy and I know the courage, the faith, the persistence, the refusal to give up, it takes to get through one day, then another and another after that.

My own crisis of faith is puny in comparison.

This I know for sure:  I may not be able to write for ten more days, for five more days, or even for two more days, but I can do it for this day.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're continuing! Even though I don't often comment, your blog is one of the bright spots of my day EVERY DAY.

    ReplyDelete