Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Day 211, August 1

Ancient scripture, in describing a people who obeyed the Lord's commandments and prospered, states, "... and they lived after the manner of happiness."

Wouldn't it be great if we could all say that we lived after the manner of happiness?  Part of what contributed to this people's happiness was that they were productive.  They worked the land; they fashioned tools and other things from metal and ore; they supported themselves.

On those days when I am creative and busy and serving others, I am happy.  On those days when I am feeling sorry for myself, when I wallow in bed, I am distinctly less happy.

You would think I could make the connection.  Doing equals happy.  Not doing equals unhappy.

This I know for sure:   the Lord's ways bring happiness. 




No comments:

Post a Comment