Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Day 229, August 21

"It is only possible to live happily ever after on a daily basis."-- Margaret Bonanno

I have always been a planner.  I plan each day, each week, each month.  I even plan my happiness.  But when those plans don't work out (as is so often the case), I'm lost.

What can I do to get them back on track, to get myself back on track?

A couple of weeks ago, I had come to the conclusion that I couldn't keep up this blog.  Writing a blog every day seemed overwhelming.  I was more than discouraged and ready to admit that I couldn't keep the promise I'd made to myself.  After a couple of days without writing, I realized how much I had missed it. 

I realized something even more important, though.  I realized that I didn't have to write for a year, or a month, or even a week.  I had only to write this day.  It is the same with happiness.  I have only to be happy for this day. 

This I know for sure:  happiness for a lifetime isn't possible; happiness for a day is.

1 comment:

  1. I love the quote and your comments. So much is out of my control right now, and I am starting to lose sleep over it, which only makes me feel worse. The key here is that I truly can't control these things. I have to let them unfold as they will, and then chose my response. The losing sleep response hasn't been working for me, so why not choose happiness? I can do that. At least I can try. Thanks again for another timely post!

    ReplyDelete