Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Day 210, July 31

Today is my birthday.  Finding joy in turning another year older is not always easy. The older I grow, the more I realize that I don't adapt well to change.  The last decade has seen changes in my energy and health.  (Not good.)  It has also witnessed changes in my ability to meet challenges.  In some ways, I feel that I have grown stronger.  In others, I know I have fallen behind.

In a writer's magazine, I found an article on coping with change.  The author listed some key points in dealing with change in the publishing world.  I think they have universal application.

Denying change won't stop it from happening and only adds stress to your life. 

Continue learning.  Where would we be without learning?  In many ways, I feel as untutored and unschooled as a two-year-old child, just now grasping a few elemental concepts.

Have faith in the Lord.  This, of course, is the most crucial in helping me--or anyone--to weather changes.  God is there.  For me, for you, for everyone, giving guidance and strength.

This I know for sure:  change is inevitable.  Adapting to it need not be frightening as long as the Lord is on my side.

2 comments:

  1. Reminds me of a mantra and response I heard.
    Change is good. I like change.
    But bills are better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Change can be hard for sure at some times but it can also bring about more happiness. It's nice to know that we can always count on the Lord when dealing with change.

    ReplyDelete