Monday, July 30, 2012

Day 209, July 30

Do you ever think that your learning curve in picking up a new skill or talent is sharper than it is for others?  I do.  I was convinced that I couldn't learn to use a computer.  Later, I was convinced that I wouldn't be able to do more than simply type on a word-processor.  And so on.

In starting this blog, I had to face another learning curve.  What did I, a stay-at-home mother of five, know about computers or blogging?  What did I know about anything?

But I persisted.  With my husband's and children's (and sometimes even my grandchildren's) help, I got my blog up and running.  When blogger changed its format, I turned to a son to help me figure it out.  Again.

Though I struggled (and continue to struggle) with all things computer-related, that is not the biggest learning curve I face.  Confronting my own inadequacies, my weaknesses, my fears, my sins is the steepest mountain I must climb.   Fortunately, the Savior has provided a way.  His way.  For there is no other.

This I know for sure:  we all must climb our own mountains.  The good news is that we need not do it alone.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it wonderful that we have each other to help each other? What a loving Heavenly Father to send us friends and families.

    ReplyDelete