Thursday, July 12, 2012

Day 190, July 12

I admit it:  I'm a purse snob.  I love designer purses and shop garage sales, looking for Louis Vuitons or Pradas or Guccis.  I eschew fakes and maintain that "Life is too short to carry a fake."

A few Sundays ago, our Bishop spoke in church about the dangers of being misled by counterfeits of the Lord's plan.  Another kind of fake.   Satan would have us substitute his plan for the Lord's, mixing in enough truth to tempt us into believing him.  And sometimes I have succumbed to his lies, telling myself that, after all, there is some truth there, why not accept them and make life easier on myself.

My inner soul knows better, and, eventually, I reject the lies.  But not before they have tainted my being, if only for a few minutes.  Why did I waste even a moment giving credence to Lucifer's lies?  I suppose it's because I am weak and easily manipulated.

This I know for sure:  Satan's lies are waiting to entrap us.  Following the Lord's plan is our only hope for safety and happiness.

1 comment:

  1. As a no-name brand purse carrier, I think your analogy of carrying around a fake is interesting. How many of Satan's fakes am I carrying around? A purseful? More? Perhaps it's time to clean the proverbial purse, and put the good stuff into the right kind of bag. A thought occurs relating to carrying containers. Contrary to the adage, we should put all our eggs into one basket. As long as the basket is the Lord's. Now I'm off to find a real purse. . .

    ReplyDelete