Friday, July 6, 2012

Day 184, July 6

One is happy once one knows the necessary ingredients of happiness: simple tastes, a certain degree of courage, self denial to a point, love of work, and above all, a clear conscience.   George Sand

When I read this, my stomach took a nosedive, as did my spirits.  Why?  Because I don't measure up in these areas.  My tastes can be crazy, I possess no courage, my self-denial quotient is at an all time low, I'm lazy, and my conscience pricks me for my lack of compassion and my judgmental attitude.

Not a particuarly good score.

So, what can I do to improve?  I should probably pick one thing and work on it.  I've noticed that if I make one small change, it frequently leads to another small change and then another.  The hard part is getting started.

This I know for sure:  if I don't start, I'll never get to where I want to be.


1 comment:

  1. Getting started can often be the hardest part, on doing anything. But there's no time like the present. Hmmmm..... I should probably get started on my work.

    ReplyDelete