Monday, July 23, 2012

Day 202 July 23

I make mistakes; I'll be the second to admit it.   Jean Kerr

Jean Kerr, who was known for her comedies such as PLEASE DON'T EAT THE DAISIES, probably meant this as a tongue-in-cheek observation.  I appreciate her humor and her insights in to family life.

Whe I read this, however, I thought of the Father's all-knowing power.  He knows when I've made a mistake.  Whether or not I admit it, He knows.  He also knows if I try to rectify that mistake or if I let it slide.

He knows.

He has given me--given all of us--the gift of repentance, to wipe clean our slates if we but accept this most precious of gifts.

This I know for sure:  I make mistakes.  Power comes in repentance.

1 comment:

  1. And we must remember that we need to not procrastinate the day of our repentence. I came across a lovely quote from one of our previous prophets regarding this subject when preparing for my lesson yesterday.

    ReplyDelete