Sunday, July 1, 2012

Day 179, July 1

I've always thought you could tell a lot about a person by their shoes.  If someone who didn't know me looked at my shoes, they could probably guess my age.  My shoes scream "comfort" and "support" for old feet.  They might also discern that I do a lot of walking by the wear patterns on the soles.

My husband's shoes, frequently covered with grass, proclaim that we don't have a gardener and that he does the yard work in our family.  My grandson's shoes shout of active, busy, and messy lives.

Shoes have a way of giving away other hints.  Does a woman feel the need to wear stilettos to be fashionable?  Does a man keep his shoes buffed and shined because he is in the public eye?  And, even, do one's feet pronate? 

With the availability of plastic surgery and other procedures to enhance our features, faces are not always an accurate reflection of an individual's age or life style.  But you can't hide secrets in  the choice of shoes.  Just as we can't hide secrets from our Father in Heaven.

This I know for sure:  soles and souls both tell the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment