Saturday, July 14, 2012

Day 192, July 14


I was going to write something different today.  But circumstances changed.  My heart is heavy and tears roll unheeded down my face as I write this:  Two nights ago, a dear friend died.  Dave Lancaster was one of earth's (and now heaven's) noble and great ones.  His example of love and compassion, service and sacrafice, will never be forogtten by those who knew him.

My words are feeble to describe this man, who loved the Lord, his family, and his friends so well.  Dave gave his all to whatever he did.  There were no halfway measures for him.  Not in serving his family.  Not in serving his friends.  And not in serving the Lord.

How many of us can say that about ourselves?  I certainly can't.  My efforts are puny when compared to Dave's, as is my heart.  He leaves a legacy that will stand tall and straight, in every way.  His sweet wife and children are part of that legacy. 

This I know for sure:  earth lost one of her star's with Dave's passing.  And heaven has gained one.




No comments:

Post a Comment