Sunday, July 8, 2012

Day 186, July 8

"I would rather have a big burden  and a strong back, than a weak back and a caddy to carry life's luggage."--Elbert Hubbard

Sometimes my burdens seem too heavy to carry.  I realize that, when compared to those of others, they are light, but I am a selfish being and ftend to ocus on my own problems.

When those burdens seem too heavy, I complain.  I whine.  And sometimes I even whine to the Lord.  He chastizes me, reminding me that He has blessed me with a strong back.  I have but to use it, to lift myself, to lift another.

This I know for sure:  no burden is too heavy when shared with the Lord.

2 comments:

  1. What a geat quote. I like it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, but can I have a wheelbarrow to carry my burden and get strong arms? Sometimes, a change of pace would be nice.

    ReplyDelete