Saturday, July 28, 2012

Day 207, July 28

"A single act of kindness throws out roots in all directions, and the roots spring up and make new trees."  -- Amelia Earhart

Ms. Earhart's words remain as true today as they did nearly a hundred years ago when she penned them.  Kindness begets kindness.  And, unfortunately, the reverse is true.  Unkindness begets unkindness.

We have all heard the phrase "random acts of kindness."  Though I like that phrase, I prefer "intentional acts of kindness."  Perhaps it is because it takes some effort on my part to be kind--kindness does not come naturally to me.   I have to think about and then act on any impulses to extend kindness to another. 

That doesn't say much about me, does it?  Or it says too much.

This I know for sure:  every act of kindness sprouts seeds.  Those seeds can bloom in to beautiful flowers.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment