Monday, July 16, 2012

Day 194, July 16

Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.  --  Harriet Tubman

I have always been a dreamer.  Too much so, at times.  Unfortunately, many of my dreams have lacked the strength, the patience, and the passion to make them come true.

Harriet Tubman's words remind me that dreams are not enough.  They must be backed up with work, more work, and still more work.  They must be bolstered by conviction and sacrifice.  If all of my dreams haven't come true, it is because I haven't done my part.

This I know for sure:  dreams are great; the work to make them happen is even more so.

1 comment:

  1. You know what else is work? Figuring out which of your dreams are really worth all that work.

    ReplyDelete