Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Day 204, July 25

A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance.  Hunter S. Thompson

Procrastination is one of my bug-a-boos.  By that, I mean I procrastinate the hard things in life.  I procrastinate exercising.  I procrastinate writing.  Even knowing that these things are good for me and that I want to do them, I procrastinate.

As I've written in earlier posts, I procrastinated having my hip replacement surgery.  Finally, circumstances (pain and not being able to walk) forced me in to it.

I also procrastinate making things right between me and others when niggling things rise up to cause a rift.  It is easier to let things slide, easier to accept the status quo, rather than trying to make things right.  Because of this, I lose the pleasure and joy of those associations.  My heart hardens, and my self-justification digs deeper.  And that brings me to repentance, for I procrastinate that as well.  Thankfully, for me, the Lord is patient.

This I know for sure:  procrastination only makes things harder, not easier.




No comments:

Post a Comment