Saturday, February 2, 2013

Day 33, February 2

We leave early this morning to go to the temple.  On the way there, we will pick up our son Steven and his wife Melinda who will join us.  We are dressed in our "Sunday best," as befits the temple.  Steven and Melinda will also be dressed in Sunday clothes.

I grew up in the era when girls and women wore dresses to church.  And I still wear dresses when I attend church.  Does that sound old-fashioned?  I suppose it is.  For me, dressing in "Sunday best" is not only right, it is a sign of reverence.  It shows love for the Lord and respect for the taking of the Sacrament, the real purpose of attending church.

Do I believe the Lord would turn me  away because I am not wearing a dress?  Absolutely not.  Do I believe that I behave and think differently when I am dressed for church?  Absolutely.

So, for today, I am grateful for "Sunday best."

1 comment:

  1. And the temple, where we can go to get our Sunday best on the inside almost every day.

    ReplyDelete