Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Day 44, February 13

A few days ago, my husband and I attended the funeral of a young woman who passed away unexpectedly in her sleep.  Her death rocked our area ... and our hearts.  Touching and funny stories were shared about her at the funeral.  Two phrases stuck in particular stuck in my mind. 

The first:  "Saints made goodness look attractive."  Angela was and is a saint in the best sense of the word.

The second:  "Angels go to heaven because they take themselves lightly."  Angela was and is an angel.

Tears were sniffled back and wiped away, my own, included.  But through it all, there was a spirit of hope.  And certainty.  Certainty that Angela will be resurrected.  Certainty that this is not an end, but a beginning.  Certainty that the Father is even now embracing her in His loving arms.  Certainty that Angela's family and friends will be reunited with her.

So, for today, I am grateful for the Father's perfect plan.



1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing those two thoughts. They are just what I needed today.

    ReplyDelete