Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Day 37, February 6

"The more we allow the love of God to govern our minds and emotions--the more we allow our love for our Heavenly Father to swell within out hearts--the easier it is to love others with the pure love of Chirst.  As we open our hearts to the glowing dawn of the love of God, the darkness and cold of animosity and envy will eventually fade."--Dieter F. Uchtdorf, Second Counselor in the First Presidency of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

I admit it:  I don't always have the pure love of Christ in my heart.  Too often, my heart is filled with "the cold of animosity and envy."  I have unkind thoughts toward others.  Criticism seeps into my thoughts and my words.  Criticism is rarely, if ever, productive.  It doesn't evoke change, only anger.

So, for today, I am grateful for those times when my heart is broken enough to invite the pure love of Christ into it.

2 comments:

  1. I'm always broken. That's part of being mortal. However, I sometimes try to heal myself. I shouldn't. Like a badly set bone, I need to get re-broken in order for proper healing to take place. Why experience the pain twice? Stubbornness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wouldn't the world be a much better place if we were all broken enough to invite Christ's pure love in?

    ReplyDelete