Monday, February 4, 2013

Day 35, February 4

I grew up in the era of Brownie cameras and black-and-white snapshots.  Yes, that was what we called them.  Snapshots, for they were a snap of life, a moment caught in time.

My grandchildren have no idea of these primitive pictures.  In this digital age, they are accustomed to virtual pictures.  If you don't like the image, delete it.  In many ways, I approve of this.  Having taken some real duds of pictures, I like the idea of wiping away unwanted images.

However, a part of me will always be tied to those old black-and-whites, with my mother and grandmother holding my three-year-old self and my baby sister, another with our kitty tucked in my arms, still another showing my proud father on the day he graduated from law school.

So, for today, I am grateful for black-and-white snapshots.

No comments:

Post a Comment