Monday, February 18, 2013

Day 49, February 18

Being a mother is hard work.  In fact, it may be the hardest work I've ever done.  I cannot imagine how much more difficult it is to be a step-mother.  Yet that is exactly what my grandmother did.  And it is what my daughter-in-law Jenny is doing now.

Two years ago, our son Rob found himself a single father to two small children.   Six months later, he met a lovely young woman, Jenny.  They quickly fell in love, married, and Jenny became a mother to Brigham and Isaac.

With Rob, she cares for these precious spirits, putting their needs before her own, making sure they receive the physical and mental, emotional and spiritual care they need.

So, for today, I am grateful for Jenny ... and for step-mothers everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment