Saturday, February 23, 2013

Day 54, February 23

Today is our daughter Alanna's birthday.  I won't tell you how old she is as that would negate my claim to being 29.  Alanna is precious to us for many reasons, not the least of which is the giving and generous spirit with which she has been blessed.

Alanna makes beautiful cards.  And then she blesses the lives of others by sending them to those who need an extra dose of love, a pick-me-up, a note of cheer.  She also shares them with me, allowing me to send these lovely cards.   Whenever anyone compliments me on these cards, I admit, albeit reluctantly, that I have not made them, but that my talented and sweet daughter has.  (I bask in reflected talent.)

Alanna is rearing her children in righteousness, making sure they are taught the Gospel.  Then she practices what she teaches in how she lives her life.

So, for today, I am grateful for Alanna.

1 comment: