Monday, February 25, 2013

Day 56, February 25

If I have seen further it is only by standing on the shoulders of giants. --Isaac Newton, 1676

When I was a child, the only giants I had read about were Goliath of David and Goliath and the giant in Jack in the Beanstalk, in other words, bad guys..  It was only when I was a bit older, that I understood that giants could also be good guys. 

I have many giants in my world.  There are those of history--Abraham Lincoln, a true giant among men and one of the good guys.  Joseph Smith, who was the conduit in bringing forth the restored Gospel. 

And there are those in my personal life:  my husband, who takes care not only of me and our family but my sister and her family as well, my children who everyday make righteous choices, my friends who bless my life in so many ways.

So, for today, I am grateful for giants.

No comments:

Post a Comment