Sunday, February 10, 2013

Day 41, February 10

Yesterday we talked about cheerleaders.  Because there must be opposition in all things, we also must endure those who seek to bring us down.  I call these people the naysayers.  They are the ones who tell us, "You can't do that.  You're not smart enough.  You're not good enough.  You're not talented enough.  You're not pretty enough." 

The list goes on.  I have a few naysayers in my life.  With sly digs and skeptical looks, they make me doubt myself and my abilities.  Ironically, I'm the biggest of the naysayers.  I tell myself, "I'm not smart, good, talented, pretty, (or whatever) enough" to do what I want to do.  And how sad is that?

That is when I depend upon my cheerleaders.

So, for today, I am grateful, once again, for cheerleaders.



No comments:

Post a Comment