Monday, April 11, 2011

Day 101, April 11

Yesterday I sat in church and watched the children. I love children. I love their energy, their enthusiasm, their excitement over the smallest thing. My heart swelled as I watched the children of a large family gather around their mother as she held the youngest child, the love umistakable on their faces for their baby sister and their parents. I wrote of The Greatest Generation in yesterday's blog. We have another Greatest Generation in our children. I have four grandchildren, each unique, each brilliant in his and her own way. I cherish them for who they are and for what they represent. Too often, I despair over our nation, over the selfishness and shortsightedness of the leaders. Then I look at the children of this newest generation and realize that there is hope. Children possess the spirit of God, perhaps because they have so recently come from His presence. So, for today, I am grateful for children and what they can teach us.

1 comment:

  1. Children are very precious. Sweet of you to mention your 4 grandchildren. I was just looking at the pictures we had taken last month. Too sweet.

    ReplyDelete