Thursday, April 21, 2011

Day 111, April 21

Yesterday I wrote about a friend who listened to the Spirit and then acted upon its whisperings. Today I'd like to tell you about a child who also possesses a quiet sense of compassion. In our town is a nine-year-old girl who decided she wanted to do something to help the people of Japan. After receiving permission from school authorities, she placed a bucket in each classroom where children could donate whatever they could to send to the earthquake victims. However, she didn't stop there. Knowing that some children would not be able to give money, she asked that they write notes to the children in Japan. What a remarkable and sensitive thing for this young child to do. Too frequently when I hear about a disaster, I wring my hands and then do nothing. This girl made a decision to act and then followed through on that decision. What's more, she included her whole school in her idea. So, for today, I am grateful for the sweetness and wisdom of children.

2 comments:

  1. What an inspiring story. Thank you for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful story and such a neat young girl.

    ReplyDelete