Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Day 103, April 13

I've noticed another theme that keeps showing up in this blog, that of thrift and self-reliance. With that in mind, I'd like to share with you some quotes I found. Perhaps you will relate to some of them: I would rather have my people laugh at my economies than weep for my extravagances.--King Omar of Sweden. To secure the greatest amount of pleasure with the least possible outlay should be the aim of all economic effort.--Francois Quesnay, French economist. The world has enough for everyone's need, but not enough for everyone's greed.--Mahatma Gandhi. Wealth consists not in having great possessions but in having few wants.--Epicurus. The safest way to double your money is to fold it over once and put it in your pocket.--Frank McKinney Hubbard. So, for today, I am grateful for the wisdom of others.

2 comments:

  1. "It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got."--Sheryl Crow

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh shoot, I was wanting to live by my (2) faves!!
    "He who dies with the most toys wins"
    AND
    "You can never be too rich or too thin"

    Yours make much more sense and are attainable.

    ReplyDelete