Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Day 109, April 19

A dear friend shared with me the story of losing her beloved kitty. The little cat suffered from kidney failure. After doing everything they could for her, including having her hospitalized and treated, they realized she wasn't going to make it. Sadly, they had her put to sleep. I could relate. Last fall, our cat, Harley, developed bladder stones and needed an operation. Fortunately, she pulled through and is her own sweet self again. Pets are an integral part of many of our lives. They sense when we're sad or upset or lonely and offer the comfort of unconditional love. They make us laugh with their antics; they make us cry when we lose them. They ask only that we love them in return. So, for today, I am grateful for pets who enrich our lives and teach us about love.

2 comments:

  1. Such a sweet post. I remember each one of my pets, even from childhood. God has put His stamp of creativity, delight, and love on these creatures, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has reminded me to be thankful for Merlin, supreme ruler of the household, Lehi, the grandpa who thinks he's a puppy, Nikita, who had bad hips and a heart of gold, and Willow, who was my "sister" growing up as an only child. There are some very special spirits in our animals.

    ReplyDelete