Monday, April 4, 2011

Day 94, April 4

Most of you will know that I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon). Two days ago, in the Church's semi-annual General Conference, Prophet and President Thomas S. Monson announced that a temple will be built in Ft. Collins, Colorado, not far from our home in Loveland. I nearly wept with gratitude at this news. Temples are special places where sacred ordinances are performed. They are sanctuaries of peace in a hectic world. When my husband and I adopted a daughter, we took her to the Denver Temple where she was sealed to us for time and all eternity. Though that occurred 19 years ago, I can still recall the feelings of love and joy that coursed through me. So, for today, I am grateful for temples.

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful announcement that was. Truly wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It can't come soon enough for us. Mina wants at least one youth temple trip per month when it's dedicated!

    ReplyDelete