Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Day 110, April 20

A few days ago, a dear friend brought me a bouquet of flowers. She said she didn't know why, but that I had been on her mind. I didn't know why either. Things were moving along all right, and I was feeling good. The following day, however, I received some disturbing news. I then realized that my friend was prompted by the Spirit to give me something to remind me of all that is good in life. I started to think of other friends who have similarly touched my life in various ways, friends who are sensitive to the Spirit and know that there is a need even when they do not understand it. I try to listen to the Spirit, but my ears are too frequently deaf to its whisperings as I allow the clutter of the world to fill my mind. How much more kind and compassionate could I be if I tuned out meaningless chatter from worldly sources and paid attention to the Lord as He seeks to touch my heart? So, for today, I am grateful for friends who listen to the Spirit and reach out to others.

1 comment:

  1. How sweet that she was able to listen to the promptings of the spirit.

    ReplyDelete