Monday, April 18, 2011

Day 108, April 18

Yesterday (Sunday), my husband and I drove to church. Before the church came into view, we saw the steeple. Perhaps that is why I love steeples. They stand as a beacon to be seen for miles around. We are fortunate to live in a town with many churches, most of them topped by steeples. As I do errands, I like to count the number of steeples I see. They remind me that, despite all the problems our nation has, there are people who are striving to do their best, to be kind to their neighbors, to worship God. I occasionally wonder why the media does not report on the good things individuals and groups do rather than concentrating on the opposite. Naive, perhaps, but would it not be refreshing to hear an uplifting story for a change? For me and, I suspect for many, steeples symbolize hope and faith. So, for today, I am grateful for steeples.

1 comment:

  1. Steeples, lighthouses, watchtowers, soaring birds, mountaintops, clouds, sunsets, sunrises, stars, the moon, and the sun. I love things that cause me to look up. When I lift my eyes, often my spirit is lifted as well.

    ReplyDelete