Saturday, October 6, 2012

Day 275, October 6

It has been only in the last year that I have realized the truly infinite power of the Atonement.  I had known that Christ's Atonement covered our sins.  How had I not known, however, that it also encompassed our tears, our cries, our heartaches?  I can only plead immaturity and a stunning lack of wisdom.

Christ knows and feels every tear we shed, every cry of despair we utter, every piercing of our hearts.  He also sheds tears, also cries in despair, also knows heartache on our behalf.  There is nothing too small ... or too large ... for Christ to feel. 

This I know for sure:  when we feel alone, when we feel so beaten down that we fear we will never get up again, when we cry out in heart-wrenching pain, Christ is there. 

1 comment:

  1. The Atonement is such a huge thing, and it will probably take me a lifetime and I still won't fully comprehend.

    ReplyDelete