Friday, October 12, 2012

Day 281, October 12

Over the years I have used the excuse "I don't have time" to do -------- (fill in the blank).   That excuse seemed viable until I looked at others who did have time to do what needed to be done. 

Now, when my time is more available, I have another excuse prepared:  "I'm too old"or "too tired"  to do ----------.  Once again, that excuse seems acceptable until I observe those with many years on me still serving, still working, still doing.

And, as I observe these servers,  these workers, these doers, I notice something else.  Inevitably, they are happier than those who sit on their rumps and plead lack of time, lack of energy, lack of talent.

This I know for sure:  Benjamin Franklin was right when he said "those who are good at making excuses are seldom good for anything else."

No comments:

Post a Comment