Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Day 32, February 1

It has been a month since I started "The Gratitude Project." Thank you to those who have borne with me during this month of discovery. When I started this blog, I voiced my doubts to my oldest son, Rob, of whether I had the emotional, mental, and spiritual energy to keep it up for a year.

Wisely, he counseled me to think of every day as New Year's Day, where determination is at its highest. "You can do anything for one day," he said.

Some days, I write and feel that the words are put in my mind by a Divine hand and that I am but a scribe. Other days, I grope and struggle for every word. Too frequently, I am filled with self-doubt, wondering if my words are touching anyone, wondering if I am making a difference.

The hard things in my life haven't changed: People I love are still beset by health challenges and heart-breaking problems. I am still a selfish person with more than my share of weaknesses and sins. But, and this is important, but I feel my heart softening, imperceptibly, as I turn to my Father in gratitude.

So, for today, I am grateful for this day.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats, Jane! Not only has your New Year's resolution lasted longer than most, it makes a difference in my life as well as yours. You're doing a good thing here. A very good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep it up friend. I love it. Did you know you can write several posts and decide when they post? So, on days you feel the creativity oozing out you could write several and set up the post date and walk away.- yeah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know we're all beset by doubts at times, particularly when it comes to our own work, but never doubt that your blog has touched -- and continues to touch -- many hearts. As Deliese said, you are doing a very good thing. Your blog is a blessing for me.

    ReplyDelete