Sunday, February 27, 2011

Day 58, February 27

Though we traditionally think of harvest during the autumn rather than spring, my thoughts have turned in that direction.

Last fall, my husband and I planted bulbs--tulips, daffodils, and crocus. We live in hope that they will brave the brick-hard dirt that passes for soil in our yard and bloom in spite of it. What we know for certain, though, is that nothing will flower without first being planted.

Farmers and true gardeners understand the relationship between sowing and reaping. The connection is an imutable one: without sowing, there will be no reaping. It set me to thinking about sowing other kinds of seeds. Does sowing kind words reap the same? Does sowing charitable deeds reap more charitable deeds?

I believe so.

In similar manner, sowing unkind words and selfish deeds will probably reap an unwanted result. I know of an unfortunate individual whose harsh words and unpleasant manner causes others to avoid him whenever possible. In contrast, I have a friend whose generous heart and caring manner give joy to all those around her.

So, for today, I am grateful for the Law of the Harvest.

No comments:

Post a Comment