Thursday, February 3, 2011

Day 34, February 3

As I've mentioned previously, I love words. I love the sound of them. I love the look of them. I love how they can be strung together to create poetry, stories, and books. Mostly, I love the power of them. Words have the power to challenge the mind, to touch the heart, to heal the spirit.

One of my passions is to collect good quotes. With that in mind, I would like to share a few of my favorite with you today:

Some see a hopeless end, while others see an endless hope.--Author unknown

A cloudy day is no match for a sunny disposition.--William Arthur Ward

Courage is being afraid but going on anyhow.--Dan Rather

It's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years.--Abraham Lincoln.

We acquire the strength we have overcome.--Ralph Waldo Emerson

We shall draw from the heart of suffering itself the means of inspiration and survival.--Winston Churchill

A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.--Eleanor Roosevelt

Courage is fear that has said its prayers.--Dorothy Bernard

Things turn out best for the people who make the best out of the way things turn out.--Art Linkletter

I always prefer to believe the best of everybody, it saves so much trouble.--Rudyard Kipling

If I had to sum up Friendship in one word, it would be Comfort.--Terri Guillemets

You, undoubtedly, have your own favorite sayings that sustain you, comfort you, make you laugh. I challenge you to share them with others--maybe make up your own. Who knows, you may be quoted!

So, for today, I am grateful for words that inspire.

2 comments:

  1. "In this life, you can either laugh or cry. I prefer to laugh. Crying gives me a headache." -Marjorie Pay Hinckley

    "I love goals. They tell you where you're going. If you don't set goals to help you get where you're going, you're already there." -Eve LeVeque

    "If you want to have a good time, take one with you." -Emma Hale Smith

    When criticized for ending his sentence with a preposition, Winston Churchill said, "Madam, that is the sort of nonsense up with which I shall not put".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have several quotes at my desk, one of my favorite is: "Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echos are truely endless" -Mother Theresa

    ReplyDelete