Saturday, March 9, 2013

Day 68, March 9

Have you ever wondered why some people seem to "have it all together?"  Why their lives seem charmed, unblemished by the troubles of this world?

I have.

I've wondered about, even envied, these people.  And then I realize that I am seeing only the most superficial aspects of their lives.  I am not seeing their anguish over a child's poor choices.  I am not seeing their worry over an elderly parent's declining health.  I am not seeing their heartache when a mate is unfaithful. 

Only rarely do I get a glimpse into the sorrow that touches another's life.  I am grateful for those moments for they allow me to exercise the compassion and understanding that I should be extending all along.

So, for today, I am grateful for glimpses into sorrow.

2 comments:

  1. I wonder now if I envy those people for at least being able to appear as if they have it all together. I really can't decide if I envy them or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeas I have seen those people and do get a bit jealous. But we all have issues and baggage.

    ReplyDelete