Saturday, March 23, 2013

Day 83, March 23

A couple of days ago, Janet, our ward's Relief Society president, asked me to visit some sisters in our ward with her. We learned that one lady, a new mother with a three week old son and a three-year-old daughter, was leaving in two days to visit her sick mother.  Janet noticed a pile of dirty laundry and offered to take it home with her and wash it.

Why hadn't I noticed the laundry?  Why hadn't I made a similar offer? 

I've known Janet for 36 years.  She continues to amaze me, not just with her talents, which are many and remarkable, but with her sensitivity and compassion.  She saw a need and acted on it--immediately.  She didn't make the well-intentioned but often meaningless offer of "If you need anything, just call."  She gave a specific offer of help, which was readily accepted.

So, for today, and for everyday, I'm grateful for Janet.

1 comment: