Monday, March 18, 2013

Day 78, March 18

It appears that we're not through talking about the Holy Ghost. 

A few days ago, I submitted (electronically) a manuscript to a new publisher.  Less than twenty-four hours later, I heard back from the publisher, saying they wanted to talk with me.  In talking with a representative, I didn't have a good feeling about signing with his press, but I agreed to have him send me a contract.

I'm the first to admit that I'm not business person, and as I read through the contract, I couldn't identify why I felt uneasy.  I emailed a writer friend, one who has signed many contracts and is savvy in the business world.  After looking at the contract, she wrote back and told me that I was right to be wary and identified the parts of the contract she felt were troublesome.

What does this have to do with the Holy Ghost?  Maybe nothing ... and maybe everything.  I believe my wariness or uneasiness about signing with this publisher was the Holy Ghost telling me, "Don't do this.  You'll regret it if you do."

So, for today, I am grateful for the whisperings of the Spirit.



1 comment:

  1. Good for you to listen to the Spirit as well as studying it out in your own mind. I'm grateful for those promptings.

    ReplyDelete