Saturday, March 16, 2013

Day 76, March 16

Last week at church, during Sunday School class, we were reading scriptures from the Doctrine & Covenants about the Holy Ghost.  One phrase in particular stood out in the list of the function of this third personage of the Godhead, that it was to help us "... to judge righteously ..."

Though I've read this scripture many times before, I had not zeroed in on those words.  How many times have we been admonished not to judge?   I've always questioned that, because we are, of necessity, forced to make judgments every day.  From what do we have for breakfast to how do we vote in the presidential election. Making judgments is a part of life.

You have probably had the experience of feeling uneasy or wary about a certain situation or person.  You have no logical reason for that feeling, only that something isn't right.  I believe that feeling comes from the Holy Ghost, telling you that you are in jeopardy, either physically, emotionally, or spiritually.   Not giving heed to that feeling is not only unwise, it can also be dangerous.

So, for today, I am grateful for the Holy Ghost's help in judging righteously.

1 comment:

  1. I've read this before about righteous judgment. I think you are absolutely correct.

    ReplyDelete