Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Day 79, March 19

""The gospel is a plan of freedom that gives discipline to appetite and direction to behavior.” - President Gordon B. Hinckley

As always, President Hinckley says much in a few words.  I am still trying to get it right--the discpline to appetite and direction to behavior.  My appetites are many, and my direction is frequently skewed.    If I give heed to the Prophet's words, I would corral those appetities (not only for food but for material things, unhealthy emotions, and others) and point myself in the right direction.

Did you notice my use of the word "if?"  If.  A two-letter word that often goes unrecognized.  If I do this ... If I hadn't done that ...  The list of ifs in my life is a long one indeed.

So, for today, I am grateful for the words of a wise and loving prophet.


1 comment: